Dear Parents / Guardians of Youngsters in Summer Dreamers Swim & Water Polo:
Lots of the students are making fine improvements in their swimming abilities in the past week. We have much more to do in the days and weeks to come. Here are some updates:
1. Please take a couple of minutes to fill in this info for me:
This would be a GREAT TIME to sit with your youngsters and be certain that specific, important information such as phone numbers, home addresses and email contacts is understood and can be communicated to the right people at the right times.
2. Try not to miss practices. We review but also build upon the skills day-by-day. New strokes and new games are blended into a pathway with the activities and missing days slows down our progress.
3. We invite you to join us in our quest for knowledge, safety awareness and fitness understanding in Swim & Water Polo. A great collection of videos can be watched at home. See our lesson plans:
4. Students get to do reflective writing. Lots of those clever insights, cute and adorable too, are posted at http://CLOH.org.
5. Students can WRITE outside of camp time too. Encourage your youngsters to reflect upon their swimming adventures. Help all you can. http://Play.CLOH.org/input/
6. We have an online class called, “Get Your Feet Wet – Swimming,” that everyone should be able to visit and complete. Students need a username and password to log into the course. First names are the usernames, (except for Jaylen_J and Jaylen_S), and passwords are set to SDA17. Give it a whirl. We are replacing the generic illustrations in the course with our own photos and videos.
7. Quiz time. We have four main tests, each with 25 questions. These tests can are online and offer the correct answers after each question. You can repeat the quizzes. They teach about aquatics and elements like SURF conditions, something that is not often experienced in Pittsburgh. A future vacation should not be spoiled with a tragic water event.
8. Are we Facebook friends yet? Community efforts are discussed and announced on Facebook. Send me, Mark Rauterkus, a friend request. This week Pittsburgh City Council is voting on a new change that would allow CITY EMPLOYEES to become sports coaches in Pittsburgh Public Schools.
9. Every Tuesday from 6:00 pm to 7:45 pm, weather permitting, all are invited to join us at Citiparks Ammon Rec Center Pool, Bedford Ave and Memory Lane, The Hill District, for water polo and SKWIM. Hope to see you there soon.
10. We expect to send home PERMISSION SLIPS for our Summer Dreamers so that we can go on a field trip to swim at local outdoor pools a couple of days in camp times. Stay tuned.
Mark Rauterkus, Executive Head Coach, 412-298-3432, Mark@Rauterkus.com