New classic. Coaching. Water. Culture. Underdogs. Bigots. Sportsmanship.
1) Gentle Neck Rolls
2) Reverse Gentle Neck Rolls
3) Trunk twists
4) Reverse Trunk Twists
5) Leg swing forward and back
6) Other leg swings forward and back
7) Leg swings lateral with abductor and adductor motions
8) Switch legs and swing laterally.
9) Foot Spins
10) Foot Spins with same foot in the other direction.
11) Foot Spins on other foot
12) Foot Spins on other foot other direction
13) Kneeling position
14) Right Arm forward Arm Swing
15) Left Arm Forward Arm Swing
16) Right Arm Backwards Arm Swing
17) Left Arm Backwards
18) Right arm swing in a Sideways Figure 8 Motion
19) Right Arm Figure 8 in the Reverse Direction
20) Left Arm Figure 8
21) Left Arm Figure 8 Reverse
22) Up the Sides with both arms
23) Up the Front Arm Swings
24) Horizontal Arm Swings
25) Opposites Arm Swings
26) Opposite-Opposites Arm Swings
27) Wrist, door-knob open
28) Wrist door-knob close
29) Wrist range of motion
30) Other wrist range of motion
31) Sit ups
32) Yoga Cobra
33) Rattle Snakes
34) Hamstring Stretch with Legs in Figure 4
35) Other Side, 4 for Legs
36) Yoga Butterfly Stretch
37) Knee to ear
38) Other knee to each ear
39) Butterfly arm motion
40) Backstroke arm motion
41) Breastroke arm motion
42) Freestyle arm motion
43) Toe raises
44) Other leg toe raises
45) Heel raises
46) Heel raises with other leg
47) Squat stoop
More engagement with CLOH.org can occur on our low volume email list for those wishing to code in the realm of sports projects. Sign up for the new mailing list.
It took football 80 years, doctors, high tech diagnostic equipment, and years of scientific studies to figure out that smashing your head into each other at high velocity with high mass athletes causes damage to the brain?
Posted Matt T. Seadog on Facebook
All are invited for a quick swim lesson, game introduction and some informal fun at the pool playing SKWIM. Adults and kids of all ages and abilities. Building on SKWIM's first Sunday practice at Moon HS pool (October 21, 2018), next time is 2-4 pm on November 11. They have fins at the pool that you can borrow. Just come with a can-do attitude and your swim suit and towel.
Learn more about SKWIM, either before or after a practice, check out the lessons at https://SKWIM.us.
Some people say that there is a crisis in youth sports participation. To be sure, the levels of this crisis — or not — depend upon many factors including location, coaching, other opportunities, support from the society and culture, school district and more.
Overall retention has stayed pretty constant around 70%. USA Swimming had its second best year ever in 2017 with 74.2%. Basically means that 7 out of 10 athletes stay with the sport from one year to the next.
The 12-Under retention levels within USA Swimming hovers around 60%. Again 6-out-of-10 12-Unders athletes stay with the sport. Colleagues in other sports say they’d love to have that retention rate for younger kids.
And most of you already know that if a 13-Over-Swimmer is with your team, they are more than likely to stay with your team, since the retention hovers around 90%.