1) Gentle Neck Rolls
2) Reverse Gentle Neck Rolls
3) Trunk twists
4) Reverse Trunk Twists
5) Leg swing forward and back
6) Other leg swings forward and back
7) Leg swings lateral with abductor and adductor motions
8) Switch legs and swing laterally.
9) Foot Spins
10) Foot Spins with same foot in the other direction.
11) Foot Spins on other foot
12) Foot Spins on other foot other direction
13) Kneeling position
14) Right Arm forward Arm Swing
15) Left Arm Forward Arm Swing
16) Right Arm Backwards Arm Swing
17) Left Arm Backwards
18) Right arm swing in a Sideways Figure 8 Motion
19) Right Arm Figure 8 in the Reverse Direction
20) Left Arm Figure 8
21) Left Arm Figure 8 Reverse
22) Up the Sides with both arms
23) Up the Front Arm Swings
24) Horizontal Arm Swings
25) Opposites Arm Swings
26) Opposite-Opposites Arm Swings
27) Wrist, door-knob open
28) Wrist door-knob close
29) Wrist range of motion
30) Other wrist range of motion
31) Sit ups
32) Yoga Cobra
33) Rattle Snakes
34) Hamstring Stretch with Legs in Figure 4
35) Other Side, 4 for Legs
36) Yoga Butterfly Stretch
37) Knee to ear
38) Other knee to each ear
39) Butterfly arm motion
40) Backstroke arm motion
41) Breastroke arm motion
42) Freestyle arm motion
43) Toe raises
44) Other leg toe raises
45) Heel raises
46) Heel raises with other leg
47) Squat stoop
All are invited for a quick swim lesson, game introduction and some informal fun at the pool playing SKWIM. Adults and kids of all ages and abilities. Building on SKWIM's first Sunday practice at Moon HS pool (October 21, 2018), next time is 2-4 pm on November 11. They have fins at the pool that you can borrow. Just come with a can-do attitude and your swim suit and towel.
Learn more about SKWIM, either before or after a practice, check out the lessons at https://SKWIM.us.
Proud Mary (song) with some great swimming moves from the dancers to the end. Enjoy.
Event runs from Thursday, August 9, 2018 to Tuesday, August 14, 2018 at the Tokyo Tatsumi International Swimming Center, Tokyo, Japan.
Dates and times, all for the Olympic Channel.
One of Team USA Captains is Leah Smith, a swimmer from Pittsburgh by way of the JCC Sailfish, Oakland Catholic, UVA and now swimming as a professional and training in Tuscon, Arizona, when she isn’t at altitude.
With Summer Dreamers in 2018, #SDA18, our regular, daily, Swim & Water Polo Team Meeting is going to include some circle time. This new program wrinkle comes on the wake of a school district push to Restorative Justice.
A few years ago, a friend, Richard King, PhD, helped to launch and lead a practice with circles with the students in a program he championed, Mindful Gardening. He is not leading any SDA activities in 2018., sadly.
In 2017 as well as in the early part of 2018, I would have welcomed the on going use of restorative practices within PPS programs. The kids were fine. I needed the circles among a few of the adults who were going in different directions.
This offers a dramatic mind shift for some at PPS. With us at the swim pool, not so much. Sure, it is a new wrinkle. New touchstones are going to be needed. But we have always had an approach that gives students a voice, some choices, and builds upon respect.
New swimming film in final stages.
The pledge goals are already achieved. Bravo!