CLOH .org = Caring, Loving, Open, Honest.
On this first day of the new year, let’s consider the first concept, CARING.
Comment from Kevin DeForrest via a Facebook post.
That’s a contract. “If you _____, then I’ll ______.” A covenant, on the other hand, says “I will _______ no matter what you do.” Caring is covenantal, not contractual.
Dictionary for convental: Of or pertaining to a covenant.
covenant (from Websters)
- a binding and solemn agreement to do or keep from doing a specified thing; compact
- an agreement among members of a church to defend and maintain its doctrines, polity, and faith
- [C-] an agreement of Presbyterians in Scotland in 1638 to oppose episcopacy
also called National Covenant
- [C-] an agreement between the parliaments of Scotland and England in 1643 to extend and preserve Presbyterianism
also called Solemn League and Covenant
- a formal, sealed contract
- a clause of such a contract
- a suit for damages for violation of such a contract
- the promise made by God to humanity and the relationship it established, as described in the Bible