Click the job title to see the details.
Phase 4 Learning Center
5850 Centre Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15206
Job Title: Recruiter, Pittsburgh Summer Learn and Earn Program (multiple positions)
Compensation: $12 - $15/hour (Based of education and experience)
Start/End Dates: March 10, 2020 – May 31, 2020 (Possible hours of operation in June 2020)
Status: 20-30 hours/week
Submit resume and cover letter to: Rickflanagan2010@gmail.com
Lead Learn and Earn Recruiter
Background: Phase 4 Learning Center is assisting with the recruitment phase of a summer internship program for youths between the ages of 14 and 21. The Phase 4 will assist with identifying youths whose families meet certain income requirements and who wish to participate in the Pittsburgh Summer “Learn and Earn” Program. Phase 4 will assist youths in completing an on-line application and submitting all supporting documentation to Partner4Work to qualify for the program.
Job Summary: Be part of a recruitment campaign team charged with attracting participants to the Pittsburgh Summer Learn & Earn program. Each recruiter will guide potential participants in completing the application process, help coordinate promotional mailings, visit Pittsburgh high schools, conduct phone canvassing, and work a flexible office schedule to maximize the success of the recruitment efforts. Applicants for this position should be creative, highly motivated, self-directed and personable, with a passion for engaging with young people coming from all backgrounds.
- Conducting visits to Pittsburgh-area high schools, various community events, and youth serving organizations to identify and gain the interest of potential participants.
- Supporting youth and their families apply for the Learn & Earn summer program.
- Assist families in submitting copies of all documents required to confirm the eligibility of any applicant to the Learn and Earn program.
- Review applications and confidential supporting document.
- Partner with other recruitment agencies to achieve a goal of 1,000+ completed applications for the Learn and Earn program.
- Coordinate events at sites in the East End community aimed at promoting the Pittsburgh Learn and Earn recruitment campaign.
- Conduct mailings and door to door flyer distribution.
- Strong communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of database, spreadsheet, and word processing applications
- Current (or ability to quickly obtain) Act 33/34 and FBI clearances
- Reliable transportation
JOB DESCRIPTION AND APPLICATION PROCESS
Job Title: Learn and Earn Eligibility Field Service Agent
City of Pittsburgh Learn & Earn Summer Youth Employment Program
Hourly Rate: $15.00 per hour- hours may be flexible (March thru July, 2020)
Report To: Program Supervisor
City of Pittsburgh
Department of Human Resources/Pittsburgh Partnership
304 Wood Street, 5th Floor,
Pittsburgh, PA 15222.
Send Resume and Cover Letter To: James.Brenner@pittsburghpa.gov
SUMMARY: Assists higher-level administrators within the City of Pittsburgh’s review of applications to participate in the summer youth employment program known as Learn and Earn.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assists in the recruitment of eligible applicants; explains the Learn & Earn Summer Youth Employment Program and distributes applications.
- Reviews applications and confidential supporting documentation that has been submitted to the on-line Learn and Earn Application portal.
- Determines the correctness and completion of an application and its supporting documentation and certifies the application as eligible, ineligible, or incomplete.
- Determines eligibility of Learn & Earn Summer Youth Employment Program applicants in accordance with eligibility guidelines from, and or required by the City of Pittsburgh, Partner4Work, or other government agencies.
- Enters or modifies electronic data pertaining to Learn and Earn applicants into a central data base.
- Uses spreadsheets to produce reports and track internal information.
- Interacts with applicants and their parents, guardians, or other family members by email, text and telephone, to obtain additional supporting information or documentation that may include: financial background and family income and the applicants’ age, address, legal citizenship status.
- Assists in conducting in-service training for other Learn & Earn Summer staff
- Identifies problems and recommends and implements, when necessary, approved corrective action
- May monitor other program and operational components to ensure compliance with applicable guidelines, laws, regulations.
- Assists with other applicant and participant services as need or directed.
- May travel to other recruitment facilities or centers in the City of Pittsburgh.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
- Knowledge of public administration, organization and management principles
- General knowledge of CDBG regulations applicable to the Learn & Earn Summer Youth Employment Program
- Interviewing and counseling techniques and skills
- Knowledge of database, spreadsheet and word processing applications
Ability to –
- Prepare written reports, to compile information, and to maintain accurate files and records, both manually and by computer
- Use a computer data base and spreadsheet applications
- Perform work assignments in accordance with established policies and procedures
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with supervisors, associates, outside agencies and the general public
- Obtain Pennsylvania Act 33/34 Clearance
Education Required: Two years college or university study preferred, or equivalent
Experience: 1 year of work experience in customer service, management, business, human or social
services, or personnel administration, or an equivalent number of years of education and practical
Successful candidates will actually be employees of Goodwill of Southwestern PA. Drug testing and orientation by Goodwill required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Ability to perform job effectively and safely by utilizing required equipment and to be able to move boxes of promotional materials up to 10-25 pounds.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: General Office. May work evenings or weekends and holidays when needed or necessary (rare occurrences).
TRAINING REQUIREMENTS: Training on the application data base and any training as required by City of Pittsburgh or it’s Learn and Earn partners such as Goodwill of Southwestern PA and Partner4Work.
PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT REQUIREMENTS: none