You are invited to participate in an open-source project for sharing various “test sets.”
- 1Test sets can provide coaches and swimmers a tighter grip on the use of and effectiveness of time. Measured items have better hopes for receiving attention and improvement.
- 2Inventory and document your favorite test sets. Describe your familiar test sets and experiences, as swimmer and coach — good and bad.
- 3Explore the wide range of test sets from others.
- 4Decide upon what test sets to deploy within your team(s) and program(s).
- 5Let’s think again. Evaluate. Modernize.
- 6Schedule. Deploy. Deliver. Document. Analyze.
- 7With an open-source opportunity, offer and receive peer review.
- 8 Rinse and repeat.
Team huddles to talk about what is next.
Swimmers, coaches and teams often perform workout challenges and test sets. A wide range of different test sets are used with various programs. Test sets are often documented and detailed in log books, so 1970s.
An initial step of the coaching puzzle is deciding upon what test sets to deploy. Obtaining data in an accurate manner while at the pool is another challenge. PDF forms for printing on paper, web forms, mobile apps and other digital widgets can assist with the recording, charting, transmitting, sharing. preserving and evaluating.
Vision and Expectations:
This page launches an enhanced way to share swimming test sets and associated utilities among coaches that builds upon the comments from the Facebook group called the Swim Coaches Idea Exchange group.
Form data goes to this site’s organizer, Mark@Rauterkus.com, 412-298-3432 = cell. Call or email with further questions. Expect summary posts and a working catalog soon.
Don’t input any information below that you don’t want to share with the world. If you do not desire the information to be made public, then exit without pressing the submit button below. Names, but no email addresses, are made public by the webmaster. Terms are subject to change. This URL is subject to change, and spam prevention measures are expected. Input form to close at the end of January, 2019.
Input form stays live for your open-source contributions until December 25, 2018.
Complete the form to begin the process.
100% MONEY BACK GUARANTEE
There is no charge to participate. No money is being collected. This is an open-source effort that is sure to result in a summary document due in early 2019. Some or all of the submitted “test sets” may or may not appear as a web and/or mobile app, with or without ongoing, email consultation with the coach who made the original submission. All of the suitable contributions will appear in an archive and be shared back with the closed Facebook group in January 2019. Coach email addresses will be used by the organizer, not shared with others, and not made public. Names, as input in the form, will be published.
Mark Rauterkus of Pittsburgh, PA, USASwim coach at The Ellis School, Founder of CLOH.org, Webmaster SKWIM.us