This page is going to have some information on Track & Field in the WPIAL, especially insights that might not fit onto the track team's page hosted at The Ellis School.
- Warm up the full body with these 47 exercises.
- March Med Ball Routine
- Stair climbing at Pitt's Cathedral of Learning. Walk up. Elevator down. Stay quiet. Do as many climbs as directed by coach. On March 6, 2019, a cold day, team and coach did two trips up to floor 34, but three were prescribed.
- Pool-side ab routine with wheel and ropes.
Spring break 2019
- Video links for those not able to attend practices nor visit a weight room
- Declare plans to coaches on the web form
Early Season Workout Example:
Weight room workout.
Dynamic warm up. Great weather outside.
Bar Warm up with pvc bar
- 10 x Overhead Squat
- 10 x Full Squat past 90 degrees
- 10 x RDL
2 sets of 5 each
- Glute Bridge Raise
- Single Leg Glute Bridge Raise Left Leg
- Single Leg Glute Bridge Raise Right Leg
Groups of 2 ( only on # 3, 5, 6 will partners be working at the same time). This is meant to be a full body workout, if exercises are too easy they need to add more weight.
1. Plank with Dumbbell Rows 3 sets of 8 on each arm + 25 mountain climbers immediately after each set
2. Squat to Press with bar 3 x 12 (either olympic bar, light bar, or black bars by the weights) + 10 jump squats immediately after
3. Partner 1 - 40 Russian Twists with medicine ball at least 6lb ball, while Partner 2 is holding a forearm plank until twists are complete then switch - complete each exercise 3 times for each partner
4. Squat Machine 1x10, 1x 8, 1x6, 1x4 (remember to squat to minimum of 90 degrees. You can adjust the seat to push you forward or backward) Rotate partners between each set, you should be able to add weight each set
5. Scooter Hamstring Curls (lie down, knees bent, feet flat on scooter, body in glute bridge. Drive feet down and bend/curl legs toward butt, maintain hips off the ground) 3x10
6. Partner Inchworm Push Ups (start standing, walk hands on ground until in push up position high five partner, drop down into push up, walk back up to standing) 2x12
- Abs and Plyos